Tuesday, May 23

Graduation Wishes

First of all, a huge congratulations to all of my Cabrini friends that graduated on Sunday!

Claudia who is graduated and Melissa who is not graduated:














Melissa and Kristen: (NOTE: Both of them are going to be famous very soon and this picture will be worth lots of money even though Kristen has her eyes closed. But she works at NBC now so I guess I can forgive her almost ruining the picture I hope to collect money with by auctioning it off on eBay)



















The boy I accidentally followed to Cabrini from southern New Jersey, CONOR: (Note: Conor will most likely become famous after he graduates from his Ivy League school of Columbia University Teacher's College)




















I got roped into helping with graduation since I was a resident assistant for the coinciding academic school year. I was the sucker that had to stand on the stage as the entire graduating class was called up to receive their diplomas to keep their name cards in order for the photographer.

After the 200th student and one and a half leg cramps I realized my biggest fear is that next year I will be one of the kids that don't get clapped for when his or her name is called. As I stood there I felt really bad for the students that had silence after the speaker announced their name. I tried to watch their faces to see if it bothered them that some of the graduates had the entire crowd clapping and whooping and that they got nothing.

What I want to know is when did graduations become a popularity contest? More importantly, I need to know if any of you had this fear, or turned out to be one of those outcast kids that everyone decided not to clap for when receiving your college diploma.

No comments: