Thursday, February 12

sock it to you

I've been dreading the attempt to make socks ever since I started knitting. A few weeks ago I got over my fear and about 2.5 hours later I had to frog the whole thing. It looked like it would fit a baby which is cool cause I love babies. And I'm sure a few of my soon-to-be expecting friends would love some socks. The problem is the socks were supposed to be for ME. Thus, this business of making socks isn't as easy as I thought it would be and it confirms why I've been subconsciously avoiding them.

Yet, I'm back on the sock bandwagon and so far things are going swell. Now I just need to get used to knitting with 5 needles and feel like I'm wrestling an ornery octopus.

See what I am about the mess of controlling 5 DPN's at once?









And this time there's lots of ribbing so hopefully the sock will stretch to fit properly:

No comments: