Saturday, September 24

Magical Mystery Tour

I'm back from CMJ . I guess I know I had a good time when it takes me almost a week to get myself in enough working order to update.

I saw my favorite favorites! I drank until I was falling down! I went thrift shopping! I ate more pizza than my stomach could possibly handle! OH, and I was also voted the biggest female MD flirt! You can see the nominations here: http://www.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=5547206

Although I was running around meeting up with people, helping contribute to my hearing loss problem by experiencing more shows in a week than most students here at Cabrini witness in their 4 years here, stuffing my face with pizza or being a lush at the nearest club, there were a few very somber things that occurred while I was at CMJ:

First of all, a friend from back home died. This is news absolutely no one likes to hear no matter where they are. I called back home from NYC to see what the deal was and everyone seemed distraught beyond belief. He was the kind of person that you would never forget, whether you had class with him once or he was just an acquaintance.

Secondly, my friend I was supposed to be staying with had disappeared without a trace. Not only were her fiancee and I worried to death, as a result of her leaving I had to wait at the train station for about 3 hours because I couldn't locate her. Everything is fine now and she is safe...that is all that matters.

Here's a list that begins to note who I saw while in good old NYC:
Idlewild
Wolfmother
Living Things
Test-Icicles
The Cribs
Youth Group
Arcade Fire ( secretly ending with David Bowie!!!)
Stretch Armstrong
Sound Team
Thursday
Static Age
Darker My Love
Elephants
Pshychic Hearts
Blue Van
The Witnesses
M.A.S.S.
Matt Pond PA
Against Me!
Motion City Soundtrack
Facing New York


Tonight The Wrens are playing Bryn Mawr college. My sir and I are really excited since we tried once before to go see them and definitely missed them! Since they are only playing like 5 minutes from where we live, I don't think we have any excuse to miss them.

No comments: