Friday, March 10

being sick = listening to mates of state all day

Ever since I was young, I hated being sick with a passion and things haven't changed.

On Wednesday while working FQMB land I felt like my brain was exploding and a hacking cough didn't make the fact that I was trying to rush to get things done so Joey O. could interview Karen O. of the YYY's by 5. Let's just say, I'm glad I was sick because I felt like I couldn't accomplish anything properly - and I really didn't accomplish anything properly.

But on a sadistic side note, enjoying being delirious due to a high fever can have it's fun points. For example when I later took a shower that night, it was an intense experience of multiple dimensions...you actually feel each drop of water beating down on you, and then you start to think the water going down the drain is making kind of a song. (Note: when I took my temperature this morning, I was still feverish..so please ignore the weirdness in this post.)

Anyhow, I guess the moral of the story is that since I am banned from leaving my apartment from suffering a fever + hacking cough + a million other things I can complain about, I might as well try to find something positive to my illness. AND I get to listen to the new Mates of State album all day, because seriously...how could one feel sickly and unhappy when listening to the musical stylings of the happiest couple I know?

Although I have been banned from leaving my room for a while, I did venture out for a bit to meet up with someone from the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation yesterday night. (Yes, that's right I said the Marine Corps)

Don't worry, I'm not going to enlist or anything...my dad actually was a Marine for 2 tours during the Vietnam War and as a result I was eligible for receiving scholarship money for college from the Foundation.

I met up with the member of the Foundation because I was chosen to be a spokesperson for the Foundation this year. I will be making a speech at a press conference at the Constitution Center in Philadelphia. Plus I will be attending their annual ball, and it's a black tie formal event, tickets are $200 (or else I'd throw out an invite for people to come with me.) I guess once I get better I better haul ass to the King o' Prussia mall and find myself a pretty new dress.

No comments: