Tuesday, July 5

This Station is Non-Operational

Tonight I was told of a job opening at a PR firm in the NY. (the firm and the person who brought it to my attention will remain anonymous.) After I said that I would not drop out of school to work a job for such a little amount of money, I was told that I was worth $15,000 at this point in time in the field of music/PR/etc.

I'm sorry but I can make more money working the cash register at Starbucks. Or folding shirts with the hipster retards at Urban Outfitters. Or working the streets.

I do understand that I will be graduating college soon and I will be lucky to get any sort of job that I will enjoy with making a satisfactory pay every year. But $15,000? Fuck that. And fuck the music industry.

I never said I would work for that devil industry. Even though it seems that I've already sold my soul, I'm not going to be working my ass off to make entry wages.

I'll become a cracked out English professor. Or write for newspapers. Not whore myself out to be spit out and used by the industry so many want to get into and so little really appreciate once they are there.

PS - the sir accidentaly called me by the name of his ex-girlfriend yesterday. Not only has this upset me to no end, it is most likely the reason why I bit the head off of the generous person just trying to keep an eye out for me in regards to finding a job.

No comments: