Saturday, December 3

As Long As Your Happy

Last night while I was impatiently waiting for Ted Leo to take the stage I overheard a 16-year-old girl ask "Who is this singing? It sounds so familiar!" (in reference to the music in between sets at the Starlight Ballroom.) It was Cat Power, but I didn't have the heart to lean over and tell her of the goodness that is Ms. Chan Marshall.

And it's not because I didn't want to tell her. It's because I felt like she wouldn't get what Cat Power is all about. How can a young girl possibly understand the complexities of Cat Power?

But after I asked myself that I instantly felt guilty and knew that I had no damn right to make that decision. I decided it would be best to just pretend I didn't hear anything in the first place.

Oh and has anyone seen the beautiful cover/ story of Cat Power in my new employer's magazine? She looks absolutely wonderful.


No comments: