Tuesday, June 14

My Name Is Not Horatio

This weekend I went down to Jersey with my parents to attend a friend of the family's graduation party. These friends lived in the smallest town I have ever visited. I deemed it "Backwards Hick Town"

I ended up eating a bunch of crabs and rice with no hands and drinking a bunch of beer at the actual party. There's nothing like getting smashed with your Dad to end boredom at family functions.

He was shocked and sad to see me quit smoking. He tried to buy me a pack of smokes on the drive down to Jersey...I think he just needs someone to chat with while he puffs away like a chimney.

When I was about to get in my parent's car to get the hell outta Backwards Hell-Hole, the son of the family we were visting grabbed my arm. He told me that one day he was going to open up one of those music/pop-culture magazines (that we spent the weekend talking trash on)and that he was going to claim he knew me when I got famous. Psh, I wish.

Next week is the Get Up Kids and French Kicks show in Philly. Anyone going? I wouldn't mind seeing the French Kicks again. The last time I saw them was at CMJ and I was a little too intoxicated to remember how much I enjoyed them.

By the way, I've been listening to Tapes n' Tapes all freakin day....not that I'm complaining.

AND, new Minus the Bear album has totally been rocking my face off lately. (Thanks to the BF's crazy connections out there somewheres, most likely the West Coast.)

No comments: