Tuesday, June 21

Reasons To Hate Tuesdays

Here is a list of my Top 30 Albums this week from the station: (with a some slight commentary added in)

1 BELLE AND SEBASTIAN - Push Barman To Open Old Wounds
How can you deny the goodness of Belle and Sebastian? That's right, you can't.

2 MAXIMO PARK - A Certain Trigger
These boys will definitely be a contender for my top-ten list of this year, no doubt about that.

3 EELS - Blinking Lights And Other Revelations
When I first listened to this album their song "Sweet Lil Thing" just stuck out in my mind. I made a mix for my favorite sir a few weeks back and I threw that song on because it's romantic in a kind of weirdo-hip way.

4 STEPHEN MALKMUS - Face The Truth
I know of way too many shitting on this album. Don't shit on Stephen Malkmus, it's like shitting on your face. Maybe I just have a never-ending love affair with Pavement, but alas I still give Mr. Malkmus the benefit of the doubt.

5 COLDPLAY - X And Y
The NY Times said they didn't like them, and now everyone just wants to shit on Coldplay. Well I never said I liked them from the beginning, so please don't say I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. I never was a huge fan and I'm still not.

6 DRESSY BESSY - Electrified
Cute, catchy melodies = everyone instantly likes at first listen unless they are boycotting girly singers.

7 FOUR TET - Everything Ecstatic
This album is absolutely orgasmic. I used to listen to
Kieran Hebden back when I was a freshman in college. I still listen. He still makes me smile.

8 RAVEONETTES - Pretty In Black

9 YOUTH GROUP - Skeleton Jar
I believe Chris Walla from DCFC said something along the lines of your heart being dead if you didn't love this album. I don't necessarily LOVE it, but I can't deny that it is comforting in a sort of Ben & Jerry's way after a bad break-up.

10 MARJORIE FAIR - Self Help Serenade

11 MARIA TAYLOR - 11:11
Duet with Conor Oberst, what?!?

12 WHITE STRIPES - Get Behind Me Satan
I'm still not a 100% fan of this entire album. Like a roller coaster, "Get Behind Me Satan" has its ups and downs. Unfortunately sometimes I feel it's totally about to run off its tracks.

13 SECRET MACHINES - The Road Leads Where It's Led
I saw them perform earlier in January down at the TLA and was not impressed. Yet everyone at Coachella was absolutely gushing over them. I listened to this EP and yes I will admit I started to gush blood like a knife jabbed into my eye.

14 REDWALLS - De Nova

15 TROUBLED HUBBLE - Making Beds In A Burning House

16 GORILLAZ - Demon Days

17 ENGINEERS - Engineers
I think everyone needs to check these kids out. They are currently opening for Bloc Party. I'm hoping all those hipsters will show up a little early and experience the dreamy indie goodness they create.

18 OF MONTREAL - The Sunlandic Twins

19 TEENAGE FANCLUB - Man-Made
Yum yum...I've been waiting for this. All the boys I tried to force feed this on when I got it pretended to not be interested. (I know deep down inside they want to let Teenage Fanclub into their hearts)

20 TSAR - Band-Girls-Money

21 PAUL WESTERBERG - Besterberg: The Best Of Paul Westerberg

22 OASIS - Don't Believe The Truth

23 ELECTRELANE - Axes

24 ORANGE PEELS - Circling The Sun
Who likes the Apples In Stereo or Camera Obscura? Then listen to this album, you don't know what you're missing out on.

25 SMALLSPACE - No Matter

26 LONGWAVE - There's A Fire

27 TURIN BRAKES - JackInABox

28 ATHLETE - Tourist

29 SPINTO BAND - Nice And Nicely Done
I'm told these boys are from my area. I <3 them.

30 FORECAST - Late Night Conversations

No comments: