Friday, June 30

Any Help... Anyone?

So yesterday I spent nearly an hour cutting out all my articles of work from the past six months into sizable chunks. Then I went to a local office supply story/copy place to copy them all to standard legal-sized paper.

It was the worst customer-service experience in my entire life. Needless to say, they didn't know how to make copies and were giving me a bad attitude because they said I was breaking the law by trying to copy newspapers.

I do understand there is probably a copyright law, but I write the articles! I basically freaked out and told them I would bring them all my freelance contracts and show them I really have rights to the articles. But in southern New Jersey, you shouldn't utilize big words like "contract" and "legal rights" to people that work in retail stores because they become confused and then just refuse to help at all.

So are there any other writers out there that have experienced this same type of bullshit? And writer or not, does anyone have any advice where I can go to get some copies made? (Some of the articles are bigger than the legal size to begin with, so I guess I need a place that has super huge copiers.)

Or maybe I'm just screwed?

No comments: