Tuesday, January 4

Home, Sweet Home

OK, so at the moment I'm homeless. To make a long story short, I didn't fill out the intent to stay forms properly and I got put in random room. Instead of staying in random room with random girl in a random house somewhere else on campus, I've decided to rough it for the next two weeks.

Yes I've spent the last two days completely freezing my ass off in my house where I usually stay. (The reason why I can't stay there is because there is no heat or hot water.) Yes I have taken it upon myself to crash on random floors, couches, bathtubs and even the radio station if necessary. Yes I am probably going to get deathly ill from being homeless, but if I survive I guess I'll have a funny story to tell.

Things You Learn From Being Homeless:

Always accept the kindness of strangers.
Last night I crashed at a friend's house who lives down the road from me. When his super-cute roommate offered me some of his soup I graciously accepted. Being homeless, you don't know when you're going to eat your next meal. And you better realize that you probably won't recieve too many meals from cute boys.

Clean laundry is a necessity.
When I have clean laundry that means I can wear more layers. When you might have to spend the night in an unheated room, so you don't sleep out in the rain, wearing two pairs of socks keeps the heat in...it really does, I swear.

Dance parties are a necessity.
I always had dance parties just for fun, but as a result of being homeless I now have dance parties to keep warm.

The radio station is more than just a station.
Your place of work, your favorite bathroom at school, the study lounges will all seem more valuable to you after you have no place to claim home for a few weeks. Yes you might have to sleep on the radio station floor, but at least its heated and at least you kind of feel safe there because only people with the key card access can get in.

No comments: