Wednesday, January 26

Crown of Love

So I know you all have heard everyone praise The Arcade Fire at least 354,234,374 times in the past few months, but I feel that I must do it again.

I remember when I wrote the email to Merge requesting The Arcade Fire's CD for the station. At that point in time, I didn't know the changes that it would invoke in my future. I got the CD and sent it out to review after briefly listening to it. Yes I knew it would be amazing, for everyone and their mom was raving about it.

Unfortunately it wasn't until today that I turned it on and the goodness finally clicked again while I walking back to my house from class. As their lovely melodies beautifully played from my iPod, everything shitty suddenly seemed all right in the world.

No longer did the mushy snow piss me off for fear of me wiping out. I was suddenly not angry for having 2 iPods today, but about 4 months ago having none. And the apparent fact that some delinquents pissed all over the virgin-like snow did not upset me.

It was like I was gliding across a wonderful cloud of The Arcade Fire.

In fact....

Dear Arcade Fire,

Thanks for making today not so shitty.

Love,
Me

No comments: