Thursday, May 19

Almost Free

Last night I went to see The Appleseed Cast, Chin Up Chin Up and Pattern is Movement at the church.

I highly suggest everyone go check out Pattern is Movement. I met the singer Andrew back in December at some horribly fantastic dive bar in Philly at some show. They're about to head over to the west coast in a few months to record their second album. After getting a 8.6 review from Pitchfork, I think everyone needs to jump on the bandwagon and start supporting this band. They are going to be huge - I fucking swear on my last pack of cigarettes.

The Appleseed Cast totally made my evening. I used to listen to them back in high school. (Note: When all of us were in high school we were obsessed with one label. My label was Deep Elm.) After their glorious set, I went up to the lead singer and thanked him for coming back to Philadelphia. Yes I am a geek, but I needed to thank someone in person for making me feel like a little girl again.

No comments: