Wednesday, May 18

Cubicles: The New Bane of My Existence

Earlier this morning I was at work and wearing the cutest dress, but ugly shoes. And I think I made one of the boss men angry. I was only peeking around his doorway to see what he was doing and then he got up and slammed the door. So I guess I was in hot water. And to make matters worse, I was in hot water and wearing the ugliest shoes known to man. During my lunch break I ate half a pound of genoa salami and changed into my favorite pair of stilettoes. My feet might hurt, but at least they look good.

And yesterday night an angel came to me in the disguise of a mid-twenties man riding an expensive bicycle with a Marlboro Light hanging out of his mouth. He called himself Tony and told me, "You should enjoy the grass and the trees here at Cabrini. One day there will be no trees, only cement. And there will be buildings, but they will be made out of cement."

Should I be worried that the former students of my college are hanging around late at night predicting my future?

The secretary that just walked by gave me a funny look. I thought it was maybe because I wasn't doing work, but we are leaving in about 20 minutes so the night is just about to wrap up. And then I realized that as a result of eating an entire bag of Sour Patch Kids, there is a nice coating of sugar all over my mouth.

Great. She probably thinks it was coke or something. To make matters worse, when I just tried to explain it to her I said, "it's just cabbage patch kids."

Now she really thinks I'm crazy. Just fucking fantastic. I really can't wait until 5pm.

No comments: