Saturday, May 14

Kill Me Now

It's been 21 hours since my last cigarette. I've been told that if you can make it 3 days without one, then you're pretty much golden. I don't even think I can last 1 day.

I spent a good part of the day with the Libertarian. We went to Ikea and I ate $o.75 hot dogs until my belly felt like it was going to explode. Then after traveling around looking for thrift stores and visiting the location of his rockin new job, I'm back to my old house with absolutely nothing to do. (NOTE: bored = christine wants a cigarette = not good)

Right now I'm sucking on pretzel rods to fend off this urge to smoke. I felt like I was drowing all day. Passing by people looked at me like I was a freak because I was gasping for air like a fish out of water.

I did find a used copy of Lone Pigeon. It was pretty wild because a few months ago when I was interviewing Dogs Die in Hot Cars, fun-loving singer Craig, mentioned Lone Pigeon and told us to check him out. I don't know how I remembered the name of the artist, but while browsing through Repo Record's selection this morning, my fingers magically came across it.

It's a pretty weirdo CD. Lone Pigeon is the one responsible for starting up the Beta Band. And of course Craig told me lovely stories about Lone Pigeon and Beta Band that I'm not going to share, but I do suggest you go out and find a copy of Lone Pigeon just so it can blow your mind.

Everyone wish me luck with this not smoking situation...I'm going to start the laundry then going to venture over to the radio station. If I can make it until tonight without smoking then I think I'll be finished forever.

No comments: