Sunday, May 8

We Both Go Down Together

Thursday night was quite a majestic performance by The Decemberists. Me and the boyfriend met up with his friends that came down from NYC for the show. I was kind of worried that I wouldn't be on the list since the show was super sold out, but after dealing with ultra-bitchy girl working the door all was well.

The opener was just excruciatingly long and boring. She had a nice voice, but she didn't really hold my interest (or the rest of the audiences' interests for that matter.)

I was kind of upset that they didn't perform "Billy Liar" or "A Cautionary Song" since they did play them the last time I saw them at CMJ. I really wanted to hear "Shiny", but that probably would have been pushing my luck.

The most surprising thing about that show was all of the youngins there. Everywhere I looked there were "prost-a-tots" in short mini skirts and flip-flops all peering through their shaggy bangs to catch a glimpse of Mr. Meloy. (For some reason I was more infatuated with Chris Funk that night instead of Colin) I mean it was so bad, I didn't even chain-smoke through the hour-and-a-half wait for The Decemberists like I usually would anywhere else.

Speaking of smoking, I'm supossed to be quiting. Yet tomorrow is my birthday, so I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon of quitting after my special day. I am in the midst of planning something exceptionally grand for tomorrow...

No comments: