Monday, October 4

Just Fucking Say No!!!

On Saturday I gave tours all day long. It was not fun (and that's an understatement.) It was more like 7 hours of hell, only that it was really cold and raining. Oh, and I rode around on a minature train for about 4 hours that was made from a John Deere lawn mower. Yes, I was supossed to give tours from that train, but my friend Melissa and I decided we were going to just try to not die instead of completing the task of shouting over the crazy loud John Deere.

(By the way, I fell off this minature train, and almost broke my wrist. At one point I was halfway on the train and halfway off while being drug on the pavement...I should have laughed, but unfortunately both Melissa and I started crying. We told Mr. Psychopath Trainman we were going to the bathroom...he never saw us for the rest of the day for we ran like those boys over at Valley Forge when they finally get a chance to see girls)

It seems like this week everyone decided it would be a good idea to ask a favor of me. The Loquitur asked me to write 3 articles by this Wednesday. Justin asked me to write 2 articles for the radio newsletter. Admissions asked me to ride on the crazy death train for 4 hours. The Loquitur asked me to have a video accompany one of my stories.

Like the idiot I am, I agreed to everything. Now my head feels like it might explode.

The wise, old Scottish man I gave a tour of the campus to on Saturday gave me some words of wisdom. He said, "Whenever you need something to get done, give it to the busiest person for he knows how to get it done. That is why he is so busy."

Well I don't know if that's right or not. I do know that I'm fucking busier than ever. And if you read this, please don't ask any favors of me unless you wish to recieve a punch to the face.

On a brighter note, I leave for CMJ in 8 days! Amanda wants me to be careful and not trust everyone I meet in NYC. I think Wayne and good Dave are afraid my promoters will rape me. Good Dave also told me not to get involved with any promoters on a romantic level...haha, but I don't always follow his advice. Krista told me she's going to miss me for a week...she also reminded me of all the mail that will pile up while I'm gone.

My mom of course is having a total "filipino freak attack" about me leaving for NYC. She is going to visit me this Friday night. Haha, I can't hardly wait to see what advice she gives to me! She absolutely abhors Philly...so I can just begin to guess how she feels about NYC. I'm actually glad the parentals are coming to visit. I haven't seen them in a good while, and my mom is going to bring Amanda and I more soy sauce. ( I seriously haven't been hungry since my mom bought me my rice cooker. Hooray for me relying on the fact that I'm asian to solve any hunger problems that might arise!)

Three things that I think about that make everything better:

1) My dance party that I previously had tonight on my radio show.

2) On Saturday night Amanda and I are going to the Rilo Kiley / Tilly and the Wall / Now It's Overhead show in Philly. Yes I'm a geek, but I'm super super excited for Tilly and the Wall. Their percussion section is a tap dancer. And if you have the gall to tell me you don't like Tilly and the Wall to my face, I have three words for you: "GO KILL YOURSELF"

3) This picture below of Amanda and Richard...after a little alteration courtesy of Nikki and I, it looks like the two of them are having a sexy dance party together!





This picture still brings a smile to my face despite all the craziness going down recently.

No comments: