Saturday, September 11

Flasks, Bar Fights, and Lighter Fluid

About three days ago I told Panda that we would actually do something on Friday night instead of watching Dane Cook and the Reno 911 (ah, Panda has the entire first season on DVD, rock!) I was at a total loss for ideas until my cell phone rang yesterday afternoon while I was laying on the floor of my acting class demonstrating a concentration exercise which was the absolute worst time for someone to be calling me. It was Jesse from Vitriol calling to say that he and his band he was on tour with was coming to Philly later that night. And suddenly there was someting to actually do.

So Panda, Hass, and I took off for Philly after Panda and I did some celebration shots. The main goal of the night was to purchase flasks (and to not get arrested) We found parking across from the venue after I complained for about 45 minutes on how my bladder was going to explode. (Note: do NOT drink if a long car ride is involved before you reach your final destination.)

After walking getting temporarily lost in South Philly we got to South Street and began our search. Panda, Hass and I finally completed our task of buying flasks after I approached a random chick to help us find our little jars of happiness. I also bought two CD's (The Good Life and Minus the Bear) and managed to insult a random boy in an Interpol shirt at Repo. Plus, I got tickets for the Endicott show (which I'm going to skip my radio show for) and Rilo Kiley / Now It's Overhead / Tilly and the Wall.

By this time it was about 10pm I was pretty much sobered up, and it was time to head back to the little pub to meet up with Jesse. To be honest, I was a little nervous about getting into this venue because it is a bar, it is 21+ and we all know that Christine is still underage. But we got into the place with only me receiving a little slack from the door guy. (Hey I was underage and I did have a +2, we're lucky we got in at all.)

Basically I sat on my little stool and behaved myself very nicely only because I promised I wouldn't drink at all since I wasn't even old enough to be there in the first place. Jesse (who is actually very cute in person-oh my!) came and hung out with us while we watched the bands play. It was nice to finally put a face with the person that I talk to every week on the phone.

After Friends Like These played (the band Jesse was touring with....ah, they are really good. I'm not lying...you should check them out...their music will make you happy) went on all hell basically broke loose. I thought it would be an awesome idea to go back to their hotel and hang out after they left the show. Panda and Hass disagreed with my idea, so then I suggested that they go back to Cabrini and I'd get a ride with the band back to my school the next morning. Ah, not a good idea because Hass decided to act like a little kid and start yelling at me (yes I caused his yelling, yes according to Panda and Hass I was at fault...It doesn't matter who was at fault or not, all that matters was that my anger management skills are not very good especially at 1AM when someone is yelling at me).

Well I hate it when people yell at me. My hand was making a fist and I was about 3 seconds from punching him in the fucking face when I decided that it wasn't worth all the trouble. I decided that it would not be best to start a bar fight about such a moot point considering the fact that CMJ is a month away. Plenty of time to hang out with Jesse and all my friends then without having to answer to Hass. I do understand that Hass thought it was in my best interest to drag me back to boring Cabrini and that he felt responsible for me because he was the one that drove me to Philly in the first place, but I was pissed off nonetheless.

We made it back to Cabrini at about 3am and Hass thought it would be a cool idea to re-fill my zippo lighter with lighter fluid. Yeah, that was the worst idea of the entire night since he spilled it all over my floor and then I practically lit myself and the entire room on fire when I lit it up. The little wheel sparked up and I seriously thought my hair was going to go up in flames for about the 5th time in the past 3 months.

After listening to the Good Life over and over I passed out. Even though I almost broke his nose, Hass slept on the corner of my bed, then complained the next morning about how he lost his sock. Yeah, I almost beat him up this morning because at 10am the least thing I'm worried about is someone's damn sock lost in my sheets. He left for Jersey, and he'll be back sooner than later to hang out around the station and try to hook-up with my friends.

Now is the time to straighten up the room and then head down to the station to get a little work done. Panda's friends Kristin and Siobhan are coming up to visit Cabrini. Again we'll have celebratory shots and head down to South Street to raise some hell. I'll buy more tickets and CD's that I probably don't need and Panda promised that we'd get cheesesteaks tonight. I hope we don't get arrested... I hope that I don't lose my flask tonight... I hope that Panda doesn't smother me in my sleep because she's still angry about my antics of last night.

No comments: