Tuesday, September 14

This Is What Happens When I Fry My Brain All Day in the Office


Me and ahem.... Brad Pitt (something tells me that I have too much free time to create a monster such as this picture, or perhaps I just can't focus on the huge amount of work laying on the desk in front of me)

Today I was in the radio office from 12:30pm-5pm and then another hour after the radio meeting. I'm lucky I'm not burned out yet...I keep listening to the used French Kicks CD I found a long time ago, its from like 3 years ago but I've been obsessed with it ever since I cleaned out my closet and saw it laying there. My roommate has been watching me have a dance party to it. I don't think she would mind listening to it with me, but right now her ears are being assaulted by the new Flogging Molly that I brought back from the station for her.

Anywho, I'm very excited for this upcoming weekend! Friday afternoon Hass is picking me up and we're going to see our friend Justin's band "The Aurora" at Kate's Cafe in NJ. Then he's taking me back home...home as in Cape May, NJ home! I'm so happy to finally return back to the wasteland that is South Jersey for many reasons.

Unfortunately I'm only going to be home for Friday night through Saturday afternoon because I have to make a "business trip" back to Philly. Jon (one of my best friends from back home) and I are heading to the Pontiac Grille to see "The Blue Van" and meet up with my friend Daniel Higley from McGathy Promotions. It's his first time to Philadelphia and I promised I would show him around.

Somewhere in the time span after I get back to Jersey late Friday night and before I leave again on Saturday afternoon, I should make time for all the girlies coming back from school. I hear that Kelly, Lauren, Jenny, Anna, and Erin are all coming back home this weekend also. Holy crap, I haven't seen any of them in such a long time---I wonder if we will recognize each other when we finally all do meet up.

Oh, and I also promised my little sister that we would chill. (Note: my little sister is the most rockin' person I know. She's eleven-years-old, but I swear she is smarter than most of the people I come across in my daily travels around PA. I heard that she has recently decided to become a cheerleader, bah. But I think I'll make her yet another mix of music in order to help corrupt her. By the end of the summer she and I would rock out to Pretty Girls Make Graves and Metric on a daily basis...she's like a younger version of me---sans the whole cheerleader thing.)

Kelly said she wanted to come to see Tilly & the Wall with me which makes me super excited because the last time I went to a show with the irish goddess herself, I almost got killed in a NOFX pit. If anyone wants to come see Tilly & the Wall/ Rilo Kiley / Now It's Overhead with me I urge you to buy tickets and come chill with me. The show is on Saturday, October 9th at the Starlight Ballroom at 7:30pm. (4 days before I leave for CMJ!!!!) I tried to give tickets away on my last radio show, but that didn't quite work out, so I'm giving my extra ticket to the cute boy from the radio station.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christine needs to learn that she is awesome...