Monday, September 6

Long Lazy Weekend

Boo to me being stuck at Cabrini for Labor Day weekend. If I was back home in the miserable wasteland that is South Jersey then my ass would definately have been working. Yes this was a good weekend, but yes I spent alot of it not really doing anything productive.

Let's quickly re-cap the weekend....Friday night I went to see All Else Failed at the Church. All Else Failed was just absolutely amazing. (Yes, I go to alot of shows, way too many shows...so for me to say that probably means alot considering the fact that even my best friend always refers to me as a "music snob" for some reason beyond my knowledge.) Ginger, Bobby, Wayne and I had an amazing time at the show and an awesome time before the show down by the crazy dirty river.

Saturday was my example of how to be a total waste. Somehow all I managed to do during the day was review some cd's, read in my super comfortable reclining chair, burn easy mac (definately didn't think that was possible), watch half a movie, and sleep.

Saturday night Ginger and I tried to find something to do in Radnor, PA which is almost as difficult as keeping oneself occupied in South Jersey. We went to Taco Bell, where I made a beautiful creation for dinner for only $2.85....everyone should go out and buy cinammon twists like twice a day. I don't know if everyone could handle their goodness, at only 69 cents too!

And then just when I thought I couldn't top my night, I went and found a used copy of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Soundtrack which I promptly bought for Panda. Afterwards I read like every music magazine in Borders and somehow managed to knock over an expensive paint set. Fortunately no one noticed, and I did not have to pay for the overpriced, shitty art set that I would have no use for anyhow.

Then I hung out with a friend who I haven't seen in the longest time. And we watched the craziest movie ever! It was about this average guy that just bugs out one day and has a nervous breakdown. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen because all he wanted to do was see his family for his daughter's birthday, and then his shit gets all messed up and he ends up killing/wounding everyone that crosses his path with random weapons he finds.

And then Sunday I really didn't accomplish anything amazing. But I did manage to see the the Yeah Yeah Yeah's video for Y-Control. It is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long long time. I fucked around the station by myself for a good part of the morning, did some laundry, went to the King of Prussia Mall (AGAIN), and then had my radio show.

Yes, tonight was my first show and it was on the road to a total trainwreck to be honest. Drunk Wayne forcing me to sing happy birthday to his girlfriend on the air. (Yo, I can't sing...I try to sing, but to be honest singing is just not one of my talents in the least.) I threw my cell phone across the room because it was interferring with the radio signal and we were on-air live which probably scared my poor guest Christina who lives down the hall from me. Later tomorrow I will post my playlist as sad as it was for all to see.

By the way, I love my Lauren because she always leaves me little messages of happiness to see when I get back to my computer. Haha, she is the preacher's daughter from back home, but she is definately not the typical preacher's daughter. (Oh hell yea, for the "American Badass!")

No comments: