Wednesday, September 29

Rain Go the Fuck Away

It's about 1:30 in the morning and I'm sitting in my station manager's office due to this goddamned hurricane. The basement of House 1 was flooded and they tried to evacuate us for the night. Instead of dealing with Cabrini's craziness about House 1 I trucked over in the torrential downpour back to the station because Krista is stuck here since all routes are pretty much closed going back to Jersey.

Anyway my weekend was fantastic! Saturday night Matt and crew took me down to La Salle University which was a rockin' good time since I was around a new crowd of people. The only shitty things about that night were Matt's friend trying to kiss me the ENTIRE night and said friend then trying to compare "self-loathing", "The Smiths" and "wrestling" all together. (PS---Matt's girlfriend told him that she thinks I look a little too much like his ex-girlfriend...haha, its not my fault that she was half-filipino as am I.)

Sunday night Amanda, Matt, Fullerton and I headed down to Philly to go to the Equal Vision Record Tour at the Church. (NOTE: EVR have some of the nicest people working there that I have ever dealt with-no lie.) I only wanted to go to the show to see Endicott. They put on a wicked good set and Charles definately remembered me from the random time we met at a gym in the Lehigh Valley over the summer.

After Endicott was done their set, the boys wanted to stop by a friend's apartment so we left the show early, picked up some beer, and then made our way over to the scary Philadelphia area (yes, the Temple area...ahhhhh!!!) Matt and Amanda watched Star Wars upstairs, while Fullerton and I discussed music downstairs. Totally random moment was when I looked over and realized there was a full-length of Dogs Die in Hot Cars. We totally ganked it and I finally got my copy of it today when Matt stopped by my office this morning as well as a copy of the Arcade Fire.

This Friday night is RJD2, Diplo and Rob Sonic at Beyond in Philly. I wanted my friend, the Music Snob Bastard, Michael to come with me. BUT apparently he's too busy with his graduate school shit. Thus, I invited random boy from my video productions class to come with me since he showed interest in the Diplo song I played for the last production we created. We'll see how well this all goes over considering the fact that I have to wake up the next day after the show and work a million hours for the Admission's Office.

And one last random note: I'm totally jealous of my friend Daniel Higley because he got to hang out with the Blue Van today. Actually it probably could have been considered a "business meeting", but I still envy him nonetheless. Listen to the Blue Van NOW!!! It will make you happy----I promise.

No comments: