Monday, September 20

Hooray for Happy Weekends!

This weekend was surprisingly awesome considering the fact that I returned back home to shitty South Jersey. I got to play nintendo with my little sister (who is the coolest little chick that I know) I spent every morning drinking coffee and chain smoking with my Dad as we discussed if Elvis would have more fame if he didn't die at a younger age than most people do. And I got to convince my mother to let me wear my "Murder by Death" T-shirt out to dinner. (She still doesn't believe they are a band)

On Saturday night, I headed back up to Philly for the Blue Van show. My friend Jenny from back home made the trip with me. Yeah it was cold as hell, we almost didn't get in, and the first two opening bands sucked really bad, but I still had an amazing time. (I suggest everyone checks out the Blue Van...they are from Denmark and they are rocking my world right now.) Daniel from McGathy and Jess from Fanatic were there to hang out with us. (Note: Jess was so cool, that she is now my contact at Fanatic...yo, anyone who wears Nike pump's is definately rad!)

Daniel is now one of my favorite people out of all the promoter scum that I have hang out with. First of all, he hung out with us on his birthday AND punched the wall because the guy at the door almost didn't let us in because it was 21+ and we all know that Christine is still very much underage. Secondly, Daniel has donated his couch to me for CMJ! I was super nervous about where I was going to stay considering the fact that I don't know that many people in New York and I am way way low on funds. It's amazing to meet people in the music industry that are so nice to me! CMJ is only a few weeks away, I'm excited....let the fucking party begin!



Shannon from WCUR, Daniel from McGathy, and me in front of the ever-so-scary Pontiac Grille on South Street after the Blue Van show.

No comments: